VATRA’S EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION/
Vatra’s Educational Foundation is currently accepting scholarship applications for the academic year 2014-2015. Vatra has been providing financial support in the form of scholarships to hundreds of Albanian American students during the last five decades. This year Vatra will be awarding several scholarships in the amount of $1,000 -$1,200 to deserving students.
CRITERIA TO APPLY:
1. Applicants must be enrolled as a full time student at a college/university during academic year 2014-2015.
2. Applicants must be of Albanian descent. Priority will be given to members of Vatra and their children/grandchildren.
Enclose documents in one envelope in this order:
1. Scholarship Application Form
2. An official (sealed) transcript from your school.
3. Two letters of recommendation by individuals who have known you at least one year. One of the recommendations must be written by high school teacher/guidance counselor or professor.
4. A resume (no more than one page long) with a section on extracurricular activities.
5. A personal statement on the topic of what you hope to accomplish in your field of study, not to exceed one page (8 ½ x 11, single-spaced).
1. Academic records
2. Extracurricular activities
3. Recommendation letters
4. Personal statement
Late applications will not be considered.
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION
All required documents must be received in one package by Saturday, July 19, 2014. Recipients of awards will be notified by Friday, July 18, 2014. Forward all documentation in one envelope to:
Vatra’s Educational Foundation
Mithat Gashi, Chair
2437 Southern Blvd.,
Bronx, New York 10458
VATRA’S EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
(Please Type or Print)
First Name: Last Name:
Telephone No: Fax No:
Date of Birth: Birth Place:
Are you or anyone in your family a member of Vatra? Who?
How did you hear about us?
Current College/University: City, State
Prior College/University: City, State
Undergraduate degree from: City, State
High School: City, State
Major Field of Study:
Present Academic Standing: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Other:
Anticipated Completion Date of the Current Study Program: