VATRA’S EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION/
Vatra’s Educational Foundation is currently accepting scholarship applications for the 2018-2019 academic year. Vatra has been providing financial support in the form of scholarships to hundreds of Albanian American students for over fifty years. This year, Vatra will be awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500-$1,000 to deserving students.
CRITERIA TO APPLY:
- The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at a college/university during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- The applicant must be of Albanian descent. Priority will be given to members of Vatra and their children/grandchildren.
- Previous Vatra scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply for a total of two academic years. No more than two scholarship awards will be granted to the same applicant.
Enclose documents in one envelope in this order:
- Scholarship Application Form.
- An official (sealed) transcript from your school (copies will not be accepted).
- Two letters of recommendation by individuals who have known you for at least one year. One of the recommendations must be written by either a professor, high school teacher, or guidance counselor. The letters must be sealed and signed.
- A résumé (no more than one page long) with a section on extracurricular activities. (8 ½ x 11).
- A personal statement on the topic of what you hope to accomplish in your field of study, not to exceed one page (8 ½ x 11, single-spaced).
- Academic records
- Extracurricular activities
- Recommendation letters
- Personal statement
Late applications will not be considered.
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION
All required documents must be received in one package by Friday, June 8, 2018. Recipients of awards will be notified via email by Friday, July 6, 2018. Forward all documentation in one envelope to:
Vatra’s Educational Foundation
Mithat Gashi, Chair
2437 Southern Blvd.
Bronx, New York 10458
VATRA’S EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
(Please Type or Print)
|First Name:||Last Name:|
|Telephone No:||Fax No:|
|Date of Birth:||Birth Place:|
|Are you or anyone in your family a member of Vatra? Who?|
|How did you hear about us?|
|Current College/University:||City, State:|
Undergraduate Degree from:
Major Field of Study:
Present Academic Standing. Circle (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Other):
Anticipated Completion Date of the Current Study Program:________