VATRA’S EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION/
Vatra’s Educational Foundation is currently accepting scholarship applications for the 2019-2020 academic year. Vatra has provided financial support in the form of scholarships to hundreds of Albanian American students for over fifty years. Vatra will be awarding several scholarships in the amount of $500-$1,000 to deserving students.
CRITERIA TO APPLY:
- The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at a college/university during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- The applicant must be of Albanian descent. Priority will be given to members of Vatra and their children/grandchildren.
- Previous Vatra scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply for a total of two academic years. No more than two scholarship awards will be granted to the same applicant.
- Scholarship Application Form (online)
- An official (sealed) transcript from your school (copies will not be accepted).
- Two letters of recommendation by individuals who have known you for at least one year. One of the recommendations must be written by either a professor, high school teacher, or guidance counselor. The letters must be sealed and signed.
- A résumé (no more than one page long) with a section on extracurricular activities. (8 ½ x 11).
- A personal statement on the topic of what you hope to accomplish in your field of study, not to exceed one page (8 ½ x 11, single-spaced).
- Academic records
- Extracurricular activities
- Recommendation letters
- Personal statement
Late applications will not be considered.
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION
All required documents must be received by Friday, September 13, 2019. Awards recipients will be notified via email by Friday, September 20, 2019.
Interested applicants, please send an e mail to Mithat Gashi, Chair of Vatra’s Educational Foundation: Mithat.Gashi@gmail.com to request a link to the digital copy of the application.